Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Chocolate & Peanut Butter Fudge Bars GFCF

I found the original version of this recipe on Six Sisters Stuff.  It looked so good I decided to try to make it gluten and dairy free.  They're awesome!  The peanut butter filling isn't as stiff as I'm assuming it is in the original recipe, but it firms up nicely in the refrigerator. It ends up tasting like peanut butter fudge with a firm chocolate topping - yummy!
Ingredients
1 cup (2 sticks) Fleischmann’s Unsalted - melted
2 ¼ cups almond flour (I use Honeyville brand)
2 ¼ cups powdered sugar 
1 cup + ¼ cup peanut butter
1 ½ cups dairy-free chocolate chips
Directions
In a large bowl, mix together the melted Fleischmann’s, almond flour, powdered sugar, and 1 cup peanut butter until well blended. Spread evenly into the bottom of very lightly greased 9×13 inch pan. (Original recipe calls for ungreased, but mine were a little difficult to remove from the pan.) In the microwave, melt the chocolate chips with the ¼ cup peanut butter, stirring every 30 seconds until melted and smooth. Spread over the peanut butter layer. Refrigerate for at least one hour before cutting into squares.


2 comments:

  1. I was craving chocolate and peanut butter last night and found this recipe on Pinterest. I was in such a hurry to make it that I just skimmed the directions.

    Instead of spreading the chocolate on top, I mixed everything in by accident. But it turned out to be such a delicious treat that my dad told me not to change a thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! That sounds so good! I'm definitely going to try it that way. Thanks for sharing!

      Delete